Happy October ♥
More than 11 million Americans are affected by cancer every year. Half of all men and one-third of all women in the US will develop some type of cancer during the course of their lives. Chances are you, or someone you know has been affected by cancer. This is a cause that hits very close to home with my family.
With fall in full swing, also comes the most recognizable cancer awareness months. Respectively, the month of October is distinguished as Breast Cancer Awareness month and raises over $40 mill globally a year. Followed by our blessing in facial haired disguise, No Shave November, in awareness for Prostate Cancer.
The American Cancer Society is a nation-wide voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer by prevention, saving lives and diminishing suffering from cancer through research, education, advocacy and service. Roughly 75% of all donations to the ACS go directly to patient support, research and prevention; leaving the remaining 25% for fundraising fees.
The ACS is a charitable organization in which the proceeds go directly to the source. So give kindly, and give generously. And remember, more birthday’s means more cake :)
The UES Princess